Silk and satin are beautiful yet delicate fabrics and are susceptible to stains. Prior to putting on silk/satin garments, avoid using the following:
- any products that contain oils
You can also wait until all products on your body are completely absorbed/dried.
The best way to keep the integrity and longevity of your garment, we recommend either green dry clean or a gentle hand wash in cold water.
Steps to hand-washing:
1. Fill a bucket or sink with cold water and add approximately one small capful of a mild, gentle or sensitive detergent. We love The Laundress.
2. Place your garment in the water, gently moving it through the water to soak it through. Leave it to sit in the water for 5-10 minutes, do not soak for longer than 30 minutes.
3. Run cool clean water through the garment to rinse the detergent. Use a towel to press out excess water. Do not wring or twist.
4. Lay the item flat on a drying rack or hang to air dry in the shade, out of direct sunlight.
If you decide to machine wash, use mild, gentle or sensitive detergent and set wash cycle to delicate on cold (hot water breaks down the fibres). For extra care, use a mesh wash bag. Hang to dry.