Our wool & silk blend garments are machine washable (when done right). You can also hand wash with ease.
Washing and giving the item some time to 'rest' will naturally allow your favourite piece to return back to its original shape.
We've put together some tips on how to prolong the life of your delicate wool & silk blend tops.
- Wash the garment separately from the rest of your clothes
- Turn your garment inside out before washing. This will preserve the item's look and softness.
- Use a wool detergent, or a very mild, gentle detergent.
- Machine Wash on the Wool Cycle setting or on the Delicate cycle in a cold temperature setting.
When looking for a detergent, it is best to avoid any detergents that contain the following words:
tough stain remover
“bio” detergents containing enzymes
- Lay the garment flat or on a drying rack to dry.
- Allow the garment to 'rest' for 24 hours before wearing it again. This will help the clothes return to its original shape.
Do not hang it on a hanger as this will reshape, stretch and potentially damage the item. Avoid any direct sunlight or heat.
Fold your garments instead of hanging them on hangers.
If you are storing your clothes for a long period of time, ensure your wool garment is clean before packing it away in airtight bags or containers.